- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Induction checklist for new members of staff
New staff members need all the relevant information and support to settle quickly into their role and the school. Download this checklist to ensure you have all areas covered
It is important to have all the key areas of induction covered, as it only takes one omission for a new member of staff to potentially feel unsure – or, worse, disenchanted – with the first experiences of their new school.
As you prepare to welcome new members of staff, complete this thorough checklist for each newcomer. Then you're ready to help them settle in well and quickly feel a valued and welcome member of your school team.
This checklist covers:
- general information
- operational issues
- support staff services
- IT matters
- documentation required
- general finance and admin
- other policies
- ECT documentation
- being prepared.
Teaching departments may have their own induction materials and processes to include regarding the specifics of your school's curriculum and teaching and learning approaches.
Last Updated:28 Jul 2021