- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Embedding your vision and values: induction planner
New staff won't know why you do what you do unless you make it explicit. Download and adapt this induction planner to ensure key aspects of school life are included
There are so many things to consider when a new member of staff joins your team. Do they have keys? An email address? Have they signed the relevant policies?
In all the operational detail, it's easy to lose sight of less tangible aspects.
- Do new starters know your vision and values?
- Do they understand how these connect with your curriculum, lesson planning and professional development?
- What do they need to know about your community, your pupils and your parents?
Download the induction planner and use it as a starting point, alongside the induction checklist, for ensuring that the things that matter in your school get communicated.
Please note that this list is not intended to be exhaustive or prescriptive. Delete, add or amend as appropriate, or adapt for different roles.
And remember: induction doesn't start on the first day of employment. From the moment a candidate sees your job advertised or comes into contact with your school, you have the opportunity to demonstrate your vision and values in action.
Last Updated:20 Jun 2023