Video: How to support pupils with bereavement
In this video, recorded at the Independent Schools' Wellbeing conference, Tracey Boseley of Child Bereavement UK shares how schools can provide practical support to pupils who have experienced bereavement, including suicide. Her workshop includes:
- children’s understanding of death
- theories of grief and grieving behaviour
- language use around suicide
- what bereaved pupils want from school
- sources of support and information.
For further resources, including a bereavement policy framework, see this list of useful links.