- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Why is this conference relevant?
The statistics surrounding the risks facing young people today speak for themselves:
A quarter of teenagers suffered online abuse last year
(Stop Online Abuse, February 2016)
More than third of teenage girls in England suffer depression and anxiety
(Open Door, September 2016)
Almost a third of 16-18-year-old girls say they have experienced unwanted sexual touching at school
(Women and Equalities Committee, September 2016)
73% of 15-year-old girls and 52% of boys the same age feeling pressured by schoolwork
(World Health Organisation, March 2016)
This event is your opportunity to network with leading practitioners and experts and take away proven strategies and resources to successfully stay up to date on the latest risks and keep your older students safe.
What can I expect?
The event will feature in-depth keynotes with leading experts and a choice of practical and interactive workshops including:
• Mental Health: gain methods to build cost effective, in-school support to combat a lack of external services for older students
• Sexting: know how to highlight the legal consequences of sexting and give your students the knowledge and confidence to manage the pressures to conform
• Self-harm: ensure that all staff can spot the early warning signs of teenagers self-harming and understand what their immediate response should be
• Social Media: learn how to encourage a productive use, tackle abuse and understand the new dangers facing older students
• Anxiety & Depression: know how to support teenagers with anxiety and depression and enable them to manage anxiety around exams and social media
Who should attend?
Child Protection Officers and DSLs
- Assessment Headteachers
What our delegates have said
“A brilliant day – and well organised, clear, informative delivery”
DSL, Greshams School
“The event was well organised, particularly relevant & the speakers were excellent”
HR Manager/ Safeguarding Officer, St Helens College
“Enjoyable, friendly & extremely informative”
Pastoral Support, Thomas Adams School
“Excellent. Very qualified & knowledgeable, able to get across their point clearly and succinctly”
Head of House, Habsgirls
“Excellent choice of speakers, very knowledgeable”
Student Services Officer, Havering College