- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Develop healthy and equitable whole-school strategies to close the gender gap and improve attitudes towards learning
Why is this conference relevant?
'It is estimated a baby girl born in 2016 will be 75% more likely to go to university than a boy, if current trends continue' - The Telegraph, February 2019
Throughout primary and secondary education, boys have continued to underperform compared to girls; the complex interplay of pupil characteristics appear to exacerbate this gap.
This one-day event will arm you with a holistic toolkit to target and help boys self-motivate to achieve, in turn benefitting the entire school community.
What can I expect?
This event will host insightful keynotes and content rich workshops designed to address interventions you can lead to engage boys and ensure their progress:
- increase boys’ aspirations and motivations through simple in-school and at-home approaches
- take away step-by-step strategies to foster positive attitudes to learning in boys, addressing issues relating to lad culture
- develop nuanced approaches to yield whole-school benefits
- gain effective, successfully-proven strategies to raise boys’ overall level of literacy and reading for pleasure
- deepen your understanding and interpretation of school data, allowing you to produce actionable insight for raising the attainment of boys.
Who should attend?
- Deputy Headteachers
- Assistant Headteachers
- Heads of Faculty & Heads of Year
- English Coordinators
- Curriculum Leads
- Academic Performance Leads
- School Data Scientists
This event is relevant for all stages.
What our previous delegates have said
'Thought provoking and practical. Lots of ideas that could be applied in any educational setting'
'Invigorating! A brilliant day full of practical ideas with research to back them up. Thank you!'