- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Reduce risk, ensure a culture of compliance and avoid costly legal mistakes with this new training day for data protection leaders working in education.
Registration, refreshments and networking (08:30)
Introduction to the course (09:15)
Change on the horizon? (09:30)
How the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill will impact school DPOs.
Learning from the first five years (09:50)
- Understanding the ICO
- Main issues and concerns
- Understanding blockers and creating solutions
Subject access requests in three parts - part one (10:15)
Getting the basics right:
- Verbal vs written requests
- Who decides: parent -v- child
- Timeframes and extensions
- Extent of the search
Morning refreshments, networking and exhibition (10:55 - 11:35)
Subject access requests - part two (11:35)
Strong process and procedure:
- The who, the what and when
- Logs and evidence
- Understanding your resource need
- Reducing the data you hold.
Subject access requests - part three (12:00)
Working with the requestor:
- Removing the fear
- Reducing the scope
- Avoiding complaints and ICO involvement.
Lunch, networking and exhibition (12:25 - 13:20)
Breaches in two halves
Part 1: Avoiding (13:20)
- Clear and understood policy and procedure
- Culture and training.
Part 2: Managing (13:50)
- Focus on containment
- Reporting to the ICO and informing individuals
- Recording breaches and reflective learning.
Afternoon refreshments, networking and exhibition (14:10 - 14:30)
Breaches in two halves (14:30)
Managing Breach (continued)
Managing police requests for personal data (14:50)
Case studies - learning into action (15:15)
- Managing a data breach
- Responding to a SAR
Plenary and refections (16:10)
Training day finishes at 16:20