Charging and remissions policy
Schools must have a charging and remissions policy in place to charge for any activity. Use our model policy to tailor one specific to your needs
Applicable for maintained schools, academies and free schools.
Updates made in this version are described below.
- Text amended in first bullet point in section 4.
- Text amended in section 8.
- New optional section 10 added (and accompanying blue box).
- Subsequent sections renumbered.
- Remissions and concessions bullet points amended.
Included within the text are guidelines that will help you understand what you need to add to each section.
- Blue boxes with advisory notes that can be deleted after you have finished writing the policy.
- Grey text that indicates where you need to fill in certain details, such as your lunch arrangements.
The charging and remissions policy must be published on the school website.