- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Careers education: self-evaluation checklist
Suzanne O’Connell provides a checklist for you to evaluate your school’s careers provision
Careers education is an area of key importance for secondary schools. Despite the duty to provide careers education, it has often been approached in a half-hearted fashion.
It's important to remember that:
- careers education is about aspiration as much as advice
- information is widely available, so advice should be accompanied with coaching and motivation
- the best mentoring and motivation comes from people in jobs: employers, schools and colleges must do more in partnership together
- careers last a lifetime so a high level of education is crucial.
Audit your school's careers provision with our pre-made checklist, to help ensure a high quality careers education.
Last Updated:05 Aug 2016