- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Webinar: What makes an outstanding middle leader?
Middle leaders are gaining increasing accountability across a range of roles. So what makes an outstanding middle leader and how do you achieve it?
‘It has never been a more exciting time to be a middle leader!’ James Toop, chief executive of Teaching Leaders, announced at a recent Optimus conference. ‘You can make the biggest difference in helping the system to move forward.’
Indeed, the level of accountability for middle leaders has never been higher: not only are they expected to be experts in teaching and learning and get to grips with more demanding curricula, but they also need to motivate staff, manage conflict and lead the school’s vision.
Such expectation can be daunting.
So what does make a great leader?
In this 30-minute webinar, leadership expert Louise Ishani will help you develop your understanding of:
- key characteristics of great leaders
- models of effective middle leadership in schools
- what middle leaders are accountable for and the professional characteristics they should display
- why it is important to create a vision for your area of responsibility as a middle leader
- how to create a vision for your area of responsibility as a middle leader.
Last Updated Date:01 May 2015