- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Webinar: Creating and implementing an effective EAL policy
An English as an additional language policy can be a powerful tool for school improvement, but can be difficult to create and implement. Join us for guidance on EAL policy best practice
There are more than a million children in UK schools who speak English as an additional language (EAL). Yet the needs of these children are not always well understood, and it can be a challenge to implement language-aware pedagogy across a whole school.
In this webinar Diane Leedham, EAL teacher, advisor and trainer, discusses creating, implementing and sustaining an effective EAL policy across the school. The presentation focuses on:
- a whole-school approach to EAL policy, with examples of what it should contain
- making EAL-aware pedagogy a part of every classroom
- common misconceptions about EAL teaching that you can address.
You might like to download our EAL model policy template to use with this webinar.
Last Updated Date:17 Jan 2019