- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
As explored in the previous units, Quality First Teaching is fundamental to pupil progress. Described as a Wave 1 intervention, it is the main opportunity for most pupils to learn.
In this unit, we will consider how Wave 2 and 3 interventions may work in conjunction with QFT and will introduce ideas for further interventions for those pupils who may still be struggling after QFT.
Aims and outcomes
- Consider why some pupils may need support beyond QFT.
- Look at common barriers to progress including oracy and reading.
- Introduce Wave 2 intervention strategies.
- Explore the role of Wave 3 interventions.
Unit 4: The importance of personalisation and interventions
Step 1: Pupils who may need additional help
Step 2: Tackling common barriers to progress
Step 3: Considering Wave 2 interventions
Step 4: Wave 3: personalised interventions
Step 5: Learning into practice
End of Unit 4 quiz