- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
To make our first teaching of any topic as inclusive as possible, we as teachers need to be using formative assessment, sometimes known as assessment for Learning or AfL, to identify and respond to the wide range of pupil needs.
Aims and outcomes
- Understand the key actions involved in effective formative assessment.
- Explore a range of strategies for seeking gaps in learning.
- Consider the proven impact of feedback.
- Plan the implementation of new ideas into your own practice.
Unit 3: Formative assessment in Quality First Teaching
Step 1: What is involved in effective Assessment for Learning?
Step 2: Seeking the gaps
Step 3: Responding: the proven power of pupils' feedback
Step 4: Applying this to your practice: new ways to optimise teacher feedback
End of Unit 3 quiz