- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
As we explored in the last unit, Quality First Teaching is about ensuring that the initial teaching of any topic is optimised to provide every pupil in the class with a solid level of understanding.
In this unit, we will critique some of the most effective strategies that any teacher can use to achieve this outcome and look at how the strategies work in tandem with an aspirational and inspiring classroom culture.
Aims and outcomes
- Explore the classroom climate that underpins pupil progress.
- Introduce a range of pedagogical approaches proven to support pupil progress.
- Consider implications for your own practice.
Unit 2: Exploring the proven pedagogies that lie at the heart of Quality First Teaching
Step 1: Getting the basics right
Step 2: Knowing what works
Step 3: Proven pedagogies
Step 4: Learning into practice: planning for future strategies to trial
End of Unit 2 quiz