- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Welcome to this course on effective parental engagement. This course is a combination of research and experience that will help you lead and communicate with your school stakeholders to develop strong relationships and effective partnership working.
NOTE: Throughout this course we use ‘school’ to cover the full range of educational establishments, and we use ‘parent’ to represent the principal adult or adults caring for the pupil.
Aims and outcomes
- Explore the foundations of positive parental engagement.
- Learn how parental engagement can be achieved in your busy school.
- Create a clear strategy for implementing parental engagement at your school using practical tools.
Unit 1: The foundations of positive parental engagement
Unit 2: Overcoming barriers to parental engagement
Unit 3: Action planning and resources