- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This course explores how effective planning leads to effective teaching and the centrality of learning to the teaching process.
It includes an introduction to neuroscience and the basics of brain-based learning - as well as snapshots of the ideas of Rosenshine, Piaget, Vygotsky and others - to help develop an appreciation of the essentials of lesson planning.
AIMS AND OUTCOMES
- understand more about how the brain works and Cognitive Load Theory as a basis for what is happening for the pupil
- understand how to adapt their teaching successfully so the needs of all pupils are met
- understand how success criteria can be used to support learning and differentiation
- understand the importance of effective questioning and a purposeful lesson summary.
Unit 1: Good learning and good learning objectives
Unit 2: Adaptive teaching
Unit 3: Success criteria
Unit 4: Questions, summaries and structure
Unit 5: Review and next steps