- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
SENCO and governor relationship toolkit
A strong working relationship between SENCOs and SEN governors is paramount to effective provision for SEND pupils. Anita Devi has created this toolkit, providing you with talking points and tools to help you secure better outcomes
My response: relationships.
At the heart of the SEND Reforms is the way we interact with each other. The three core principles for implementation of the SEND code of practice echo a similar message, emphasising:
- involvement of all partners
- informed decision making
- and a longer-term vision.
The SENCO is uniquely positioned in early years and school-aged learning environments to facilitate healthy dialogues around these principles. This toolkit focuses on one key relationship dynamic – that between the SENCO and the SEN governor.
The toolkit is divided into four parts:
- Working in collaboration
- How to make the most of meetings
- Termly reporting
- Formal compliance
The parts could be read sequentially or individually. Each part has an accompanying action-based resource that could be adapted to different settings.
Last Updated:02 Nov 2017