- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Why is this conference relevant?
“Reception is the most important year. It should provide pupils with a strong foundation for the rest of their time in school”
Effective Primary Teaching Practice 2016 (Teaching Schools Council, November 2016)
You know how fundamental Reception is to ensure children thrive throughout their school life, therefore it’s vital that you have the knowledge and expertise needed to give children at your school the best possible start.
This event is your opportunity to engage with leading experts and practitioners, providing you with the strategies you need to successfully create a strong foundation.
What can I expect?
- Teaching and play: Gain strategies to combine teaching and play to enhance your pupils' learning
- Parents: Know how to involve parents in the school community and create a positive relationship
- Speech and language: Gain proven methods to support the development of speech and language to ensure good progress
- Ofsted: Gain clarity on what inspectors are looking for in Reception and what teaching best practice looks like
- Learning environment: Learn how to create a stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environment to develop positive learning behaviours
Who should attend
- Assistant/Deputy Headteachers
- Heads of Reception
- Reception Teachers
- Heads of EYFE and Heads of Early Years
- Foundation Stage Leaders & EYFS Co-ordinators
- Early Years Teams & Early Years Advisors
What our delegates have said
“Fantastic, informative – all in a practical realistic context!”
Early Years Teacher, North Town
“I found many of the speakers today really motivating & inspiring. I can’t wait to get back to my setting tomorrow” Teacher, Heartsease Primary Academy
“Really interesting and inspiring day. Lots of useful information and ideas to take back to school”
Lead EY’s Teacher, Lansbury Lawrence Primary School
“Hands on experiences & filled with examples of everyday play & learning opportunities”
Year Group Leader, Nelson Primary
“Very excited to take back to school lots of information and ideas to help children develop in all areas of their learning”
Early Years Leader, Derwentwater
Join the conversation with @OptimusEd using #oeReception