- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Equip your pupils to stay safe online, ensure a robust safeguarding culture and raise awareness of specific vulnerabilities.
Why is this conference relevant?
Recent statistics from the Digital Youth Index report reflect the ongoing importance of online safety education and leadership as part of our safeguarding provision in schools.
'Around 1 in 4 young people have experienced violence, trolling or abuse, and/or sexual content online.'
'3 in 10 young people find their use of the internet and digital devices negatively affects their sleep (29%).
This number is higher among LGBTQ+ young people (44%), as well as those with a mental health condition (41%).'
This interactive, digital conference brings a practical focus to online safeguarding. Gain tools to support pupils and their families and ensure a whole school approach.
What can I expect?
Join our two interactive online modules to share best practice with other safeguarding leaders and share your questions and concerns with our expert trainers.
- Gain new strategies to educate children to stay safe online.
- Understand the specific vulnerabilities facing LGBTQ+ students online and meet KCSIE requirements to provide a safe space.
- Equip your students to recognise and respond to digital abuse.
- Engage parents and carers with online safety.
Benefit from a full set of recordings, allowing you to access sessions at your convenience and share learning with your whole team.
Module one takes place 1.30 - 3.30pm (GMT) on 26 January. Module two takes place 3.15 - 5.15pm (GMT) on 9 February.
Who should attend?
- Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Head of Pastoral Care
What our previous delegates have said:
Empowering and impactful
Deputy DSL, St Edward’s Oxford
Engaging, with lots of practical examples to take back to school to ensure effective practice
Assistant Headteacher, Hartley Primary School
A really worthwhile course - it has given me a to-do list which I am excited to tackle.
Designated Safeguarding Lead, St Albans