- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Keep up to date, compliant, and have your questions answered throughout the academic year
*This training is not included in your Unlimited or Premium Plus membership.*
Why is this training programme relevant?
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) continuous development programme provides DPOs with all they need to keep their knowledge up to date throughout the academic year, a key requirement of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What can I expect?
The course is led by education lawyer and GDPR expert Dai Durbridge, who has extensive experience advising schools and trusts on all GDPR issues. To date, the Manchester-based partner has also provided foundation and GDPR update training to more than 400 DPOs in schools and trusts across the country.
Delivered remotely via video conferencing software, the interactive and engaging course provides seven two-hour learning sessions and four one-hour Q&A sessions for delegates to have their questions answered and issues discussed to ensure a personalised learning experience.
Delegates will benefit from a bespoke platform where they can access course materials, including recordings, and can share templates, policies and resources with the network of DPOs in their cohort.
This course includes:
- Managing subject access requests and redaction
- Using CCTV compliantly and dealing with requests for footage
- Revisiting lawful processing
- Obtaining, recording and managing consent including for biometric data
- Data minimisation - retention and destruction of personal data, retaining emails
- Handling complex data breaches
- Police requests for access to data
- Sharing data safely and securely
- Learning from recent data breaches and the official Information Commissioners Office advice
- Outcomes focused staff training
- Completing, using and improving Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Reporting to the board
- Exemplar best practice
As a result of proactively engaging in this training programme, participants will maintain up-to-date knowledge on current data protection best practice, have an improved understanding of complex GDPR issues and be empowered to drive a strong compliance culture across their institution.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for designated Data Protection Officers within maintained schools, independent schools and academy trust settings.
What our previous delegates have said:
A great course - detailed and informative with plenty of opportunities to ask questions, share with colleagues and work through case studies. I have come away feeling far more confident and with a growing network of colleagues,
Professional training in an enthusiastic style and with knowledgeable staff,
Data Protection Officer
Extremely beneficial - the programme has provided me with lots of actions and plans for the upcoming academic year to address Data Protection across the Trust,
Data Protection Officer
Dai is extremely knowledgeable and the opportunity to hear from others within the cohort about current issues across the sector was really useful,
Trust Data Protection Offcier