- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Benefit from a complete safeguarding programme to equip you throughout the year.
Why is this programme relevant?
With 20% of referrals to social care originating from schools, the role of designated safeguarding lead has never been more important or more pressurised.
DSLs have a huge responsibility for ensuring staff remain up to date with training and systems are rigorous and time effective. A lack of resources, pressure on local services and over 40 areas of safeguarding now covered in KCSIE mean training that reacts to the emerging issues and risks has never been more important.
This highly practical year-round programme for safeguarding leaders will offer topical training, the opportunity to discuss scenarios and gain insights and advice, and a network to equip you for the unpredictable and varied nature of safeguarding.
What can I expect?
Your year-round DSL learning network provides comprehensive support and training for the whole academic year.
- Join our Child Protection in Education conference in your choice of either London (20 September) or Manchester (26 September).
- Benefit from practical and interactive online 90-minute masterclasses each term led by Ella Savell-Boss and guest speakers (14 November, 7 February and 9 May)
- Discuss your questions and concerns throughout the year and build relationships with other school safeguarding leaders.
- Save time with high quality, downloadable resources including the latest safeguarding policy template designed with Browne Jacobson LLP, editable designated safeguarding lead year planner and skills audit.
- Finish the year by attending our 2024 Leading Safeguarding conference (13 June).
With the DSL learning network, you can choose who attends each of the conferences. You'll also have access to a full set of recordings from the online training sessions, enabling you to share training across your team.
Who should attend?
- Designated safeguarding lead
- Deputy designated safeguarding lead
- Deputy headteachers
- Safeguarding governor
What our previous delegates have said:
“Empowering and impactful” Deputy DSL, St Edward’s Oxford
“Lots of practical examples to take back to school to ensure effective practice” Assistant Headteacher, Hartley Primary School