- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Why is this conference relevant?
The Government's response to the Rochford Review recommendations was made public in September 2017. What does this mean for school assessment?
For pupils engaged in subject-specific learning:
- P scales are to be removed
- Interim pre-key stage standards are to be made permanent.
For pupils engaged in non-subject-specific learning:
- Seven areas of engagement for cognition and learning are to be piloted
- Schools are to have freedom to assess in any way.
Ensuring you can accurately measure how much progress your SEND pupils are making over time is an ongoing challenge for schools. Especially, in light of the changes above.
This is the only event where you will gain the knowledge and strategies needed to accurately assess and support the progress of SEND pupils in your school, and evidence this to parents and Ofsted.
What can I expect?
- Learn how to evidence to Ofsted what outstanding progress looks like for each individual pupil in your school.
- Learn how to implement Rochford Review recommendations and gain examples of good practice.
- Understand how neuroscience can help you develop the right curriculum and assessment procedures for your pupils.
- Ensure your assessment and data systems provide a more holistic view of the child and accurately assess life skills.
- Overcome a loss of common language by discussing and networking with your peers.
Who should attend?
- Deputy Headteachers
- Assistant Headteachers
- Assessment/Curriculum Leads
This event is relevant for both mainstream and special schools.
What our delegates have said
“An excellent experience which has left me buzzing with enthusiasm to make a difference within my school and the clusters” Assistant Headteacher, Richard Atkins Primary School
“Very well organised and delivered. Appropriate, useful content throughout” Deputy Headteacher, St Andrews School
“High quality CPD delivered and based on real life experiences” SENCO, Eldon Primary
“Knowledgeable speakers with some thought-provoking ideas that are realistic and do-able” SENCO, Queens College
“High quality, good resources, thought-provoking talks” Assessment Co-ordinators, Treetops