Complaints procedure template
Make sure your school has a clear process explaining the appropriate way to make a complaint in various circumstances
Applicable for maintained schools, special schools and nurseries, academies, free schools, independent schools, pupil referral units and non maintained special schools.
Updates made in this version are described below.
- Bullet points added in the introduction.
- New paragraph added at end of the introduction.
- Text amended in stage one under formal complaints heading.
- Text added to stage two under formal complaints heading.
- Text added to stage three under appeals heading.
- Text amended in the appeals panel section.
- Paragraph added to appeals procedure section.
- Bullet point added in vexatious/persistent complaints section.
- New section added at end of policy: complaint campaigns.
Within the policy template, you will find guidelines on how to personalise the policy with your school's details:
- blue boxes containing advisory notes that can be deleted after you have finished writing the policy
- grey text indicating where you need to fill in specific details, such as how to contact the chair of the governing body.