- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Complaints procedure template
Make sure your school has a clear process explaining the appropriate way to make a complaint in various circumstances
Applicable for maintained schools, special schools and nurseries, academies, free schools, independent schools, pupil referral units and non maintained special schools.
Updates made in this version are described below.
- Introduction: time requires since an incident occurred for concerns or complaints to be raised reduced from 12 months to 3 months, to encourage complaints to be brought swiftly and to bring time period in line with what the DfE considers reasonable.
- Introduction: sentence added regarding reasonable adjustments to reflect a school’s duties under the Equality Act and to ensure everyone has fair access to the process.
- Section 3: paragraphs added to provide more detail about the process of investigating a complaint about the appeals panel’s decision.
Within the policy template, you will find guidelines on how to personalise the policy with your school's details:
- blue boxes containing advisory notes that can be deleted after you have finished writing the policy
- grey text indicating where you need to fill in specific details, such as how to contact the chair of the governing body.
Last Updated:19 Aug 2021