- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Complaints procedure template
Make sure your school has a clear process explaining the appropriate way to make a complaint in various circumstances
Applicable for maintained schools, special schools and nurseries, academies, free schools, independent schools, pupil referral units and non maintained special schools.
Updates made in this version are described below.
- Bullet point list under ‘Introduction’ amended: collective worship removed; staff grievances and staff conduct added.
- Amendments to second to last paragraph in ‘Introduction’, with timing extended to 12 months to reflect DfE guidance.
- Section 1: points added re who to complain to in the case of MAT CEOs and Trust Board.
- Section 3: clarification added re right to attend an appeal hearing.
- Section 3, appeals procedure: addition re academies and outcomes letter.
Within the policy template, you will find guidelines on how to personalise the policy with your school's details:
- blue boxes containing advisory notes that can be deleted after you have finished writing the policy
- grey text indicating where you need to fill in specific details, such as how to contact the chair of the governing body.
Last Updated:26 Aug 2020