Complaints procedure template
Make sure your school has a clear process explaining the appropriate way to make a complaint in various circumstances
Applicable for maintained schools, academies, free schools, independent schools, pupil referral units and non maintained special schools.
Updates made in this version are described below.
- Bullet points added in the introduction.
- New paragraph added at end of the introduction.
- Text amended in stage one under formal complaints heading.
- Text added to stage two under formal complaints heading.
- Text added to stage three under appeals heading.
- Text amended in the appeals panel section.
- Paragraph added to appeals procedure section.
- Bullet point added in vexatious/persistent complaints section.
- New section added at end of policy: complaint campaigns.
Within the policy template, you will find guidelines on how to personalise the policy with your school's details:
- blue boxes containing advisory notes that can be deleted after you have finished writing the policy
- grey text indicating where you need to fill in specific details, such as how to contact the chair of the governing body.