Achieving Value for Money
Show your school governors, leaders and budget holders what budget management means and how to achieve best value for money.
How to use this course
Each of the three units in this course lasts around one hour.
The units are tailored to meet the needs of different colleagues depending on their role within the school. Select the appropriate unit for the group you are training as you see fit.
Author and trainer
The school business manager is responsible for making school finances work, but many other people are involved in making strategic decisions and managing budgets. The quality of your financial management is only as good as the quality of this team’s skill and financial understanding.
School business managers need other team members to understand how their budgets work and how they can link school improvement with financial strategy to achieve best value for money.
The course will enable you to:
- ensure everyone links budget with pupil outcomes and the school improvement plan
- achieve budget control without compromising on standards
- compare well against other schools on the DfE School Financial Benchmarking website
- be confident that governors and the SLT understand their financial responsibility
- give colleagues a better understanding of budgeting and the budget cycle.
Course writer Nickii Messer is a freelance consultant and trainer with 15 years’ experience of working as a business manager in schools.
After completing this course, or a unit within it, contact us to receive your certificate of attendance on email@example.com.
Certificate of completion
Completed a unit or a whole course? Complete our short survey and we will send you a certificate.