Why is this conference relevant?
“Parents are key to academic success”
TES, January 2017
A recent study has found that academic achievement is strongly dependant on parental involvement. You know what impact positive parental engagement can have on your students’ outcomes. However, knowing how to effectively engage parents and increase their expectations and aspirations can be challenging.
This event is your opportunity to engage with leading experts and practitioners, providing you with the knowledge and strategies you need to successfully involve parents in your school community.
What can I expect?
Keynotes with leading experts and a choice of workshops including:
- Gain strategies to develop a whole-school parental engagement strategy and ensure it is prioritised by all staff
- Understand how to turn around parental negative mindsets and involve parents in the school community
- Learn how to engage ‘hard to reach’ parents and support them throughout their child’s education
- Know the most effective methods to communicate with parents and ensure positive two-way communication
Who should attend?
- Deputy Headteachers
- Assistant Headteachers
- Parental Engagement Coordinators
- Pastoral Coordinators
- Heads of Year
What our delegates said last year
“Informative and provided some good ideas to take back to the workplace. Thank you!” Deputy Headteacher, Queen Ethelburga's
“Interesting day – high standard of organisation & speakers” SLT, Eagley Junior School
“A multitude of ideas provided to increase engagement of parents” Headteacher, Acorn Trust
“A good day with some positive starting point for increased parental engagement” Curriculum Leader, Woodchurch High School
“Really good experience and great to share ideas and discuss with staff in similar settings” KS4 Progress and Data, Wardle Academy