- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Webinar: Admissions - what does a compliant and well planned consultation look like?
Consultation on changes to admissions arrangements in schools and academies must be undertaken in accordance with the Schools Admissions Code. Richard Freeth, education layer, offers expert advice
The governing bodies of maintained schools are required to consult on the admission arrangements they are proposing, if these include any changes from previous years. Similarly, the academy trusts (proprietors) of academies are required to consult if there are proposed changes to the academy admission arrangements.
It is important that local authorities and admission authorities work together to ensure that school admission arrangements meet the needs of all parents and children and, therefore, consultation is an important part of the process in formulating and determining arrangements.
In this webinar Richard Freeth, education lawyer, goes into detail about:
- the consultation procedure
- making changes for the 2017 entry
- evidencing responses
- the role of the OSA
- prohibited arrangements.
Last Updated Date:12 Nov 2015