- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Video: How to support pupils with bereavement
How does our understanding of death change as we grow up? How might bereaved pupils express their grief? What practical support can school staff provide?
In this video, recorded at the Independent Schools' Wellbeing conference, Tracey Boseley of Child Bereavement UK shares how schools can provide practical support to pupils who have experienced bereavement, including suicide. Her workshop includes:
- children’s understanding of death
- theories of grief and grieving behaviour
- language use around suicide
- what bereaved pupils want from school
- sources of support and information.
For further resources, including a bereavement policy framework, see this list of useful links.
Last Updated Date:11 Nov 2020