- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
This unit looks at the variety of tasks which fall under the umbrella of ‘manual handling’ and how good practice in manual handling techniques can help to minimise the risks of long- and short-term injuries to staff.
Aims and outcomes
By the end of this unit, you should understand:
- what is meant by manual handling
- the hazards faced when carrying out manual handling tasks
- how to minimise risk when carrying out manual handling tasks
- what constitutes good practice in manual handling.
Unit 8: Manual handling
Step 1: What is manual handling?
Step 2: Musculoskeletal disorders
Step 3: Areas of risk
Step 4: Good manual handling practice
Step 5: Pushing and pulling
End of Unit 8 quiz