- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
In a course of this nature it is impossible to do full justice to the related topics of fire safety and prevention. This unit functions as a guide to raise awareness of the areas which need to be considered and the actions which can help to minimise risks.
It is important to always seek further advice from the local authority and the local fire service.
Aims and outcomes
By the end of this unit, you should understand:
- the basic principles of the fire triangle
- basic fire control measures
- the role of fire detection
- the types of fire-fighting equipment
- the importance of effective fire drills.
Unit 7: Fire safety
Step 1: Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
Step 2: The fire triangle
Step 3: How fires spread
Step 4: Fire control measures
Step 5: Fire extinguishers
Step 6: Fire drills
Step 7: Special considerations
Step 8: Disability provision
End of Unit 7 quiz