- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
The focus of this unit is the process of risk assessment. It examines the types of risk assessment and when each is appropriate, along with the HSE recommended five-stage approach to risk assessment.
Aims and outcomes
By the end of this unit, you should understand:
- the three different types of risk assessments and their roles
- the five-stage approach to writing risk assessments
- how to use a risk matrix to assess risk levels
- how to perform a dynamic risk assessment.
Unit 6: Risk assessment
Step 1: Generic, specific and 'live' risk assessments
Step 2: Creating risk assessments
Step 3: Spotting hazards and identifying persons at risk
Step 4: Evaluating risk
Step 5: Control measures
Step 6: Keeping records
Step 7: Review
Step 8: Dynamic risk assessment
End of Unit 6 quiz