- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
This unit considers what is meant by the term ‘hazard’ and ways in which hazards can be minimised. It explains the range of hazards which can be encountered within a school and looks at some of the implications of these.
Aims and outcomes
By the end of this unit, you should understand:
- how to identify hazards
- the principles of hazard prevention and factors relating to choice of protective measures
- the range of hazards which can be encountered in school
- the hazards associated with lone working.
Unit 5: Understanding hazards
Step 1: Identifying hazards
Step 2: Physical hazards
Step 3: Biological and chemical hazards
Step 4: Ergonomic hazards
Step 5: Psychological hazards
Step 6: Lone working
End of Unit 5 quiz