- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£7.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
This unit aims to provide a realistic approach to the subject of risk and examines the attitudes which we take towards risk management. It considers how we support young people to develop skills to aid them with managing risk in everyday life and online.
Aims and outcomes
By the end of this unit, you should understand:
- the factors influencing different attitudes towards risk and how these can impact on the culture of the organisation
- the ways in which we seek to control risk in real life
- the areas of concern in relation to risks in virtual situations
- the importance of a whole-school approach to risk management.
Unit 4: Understanding risk
Step 1: Dispelling myths
Step 2: Attitudes towards risk
Step 3: Risk in real life
Step 4: Risk in 'virtual' situations
Step 5: Developing risk management skills
Step 6: A whole-school approach
End of Unit 4 quiz