- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
This unit is from our course Understanding Stress and How to Manage It. We have ten courses in the ‘HR’ and ‘Pupil pastoral care’ categories.
The full course contents are:
- Unit 1: Understanding the brain
- Unit 2: Stress and mindset (this unit)
- Unit 3: Stress and the body
- Unit 4: Taking action against stress
This unit outlines the impact stress has on the body and what can be done to prevent this. It is supported by scientific research and illustrative examples.
aims and outcomes
In this unit you will:
- Learn about the impact of stress on the body
- Learn how stress hormones effect long-term physical health
- Identify preventive measures and ways of lowering stress.
Unit: Stress and the body
Step 1: The body and the mind
Step 2: High alert!
Step 3: Good stress v bad stress
Step 4: How to reduce the impact of stress
End of Unit quiz