- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
To support pupils in catching up on lost learning we must first concern ourselves with the vital task of identifying exactly what gaps exist and for whom.
This unit will introduce a range of practical assessment approaches for doing exactly that while also actively engaging the pupils themselves in the assessment process.
Aims and outcomes
- Explore the key role of formative assessment in supporting pupil progress.
- Evaluate the role of ‘low-stakes’ assessment.
- Consider the impact of memory on learning.
- Introduce ideas for actively involving pupils in the assessment process.
Unit 2: Using assessment to identify specific gaps in learning
Step 1: Establishing a ‘humane’ and pupil-centred assessment culture
Step 2: Low-stakes, high-impact assessment strategies
Step 3: Assessment to enhance memory and retrieval learning
Step 4: Involving pupils in the assessment process
Step 5: Learning into practice
End of Unit 2 quiz