- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
This unit helps you to plan a programme of comprehensive careers-related learning for all of your pupils.
You will consider how early childhood views about ‘suitable’ careers can become entrenched and affect the rest of a working life. You will become familiar with what is going on already – in your own school and further afield. You will be guided towards an appropriate framework for careers-related learning in your school. The unit will help you to assess the practical issues you may need to address before starting work on your careers-related learning programme.
Ains and outcomes
- Articulate the effects of gendered career choices.
- Investigate how much careers-related learning already goes on in your school.
- Look at how other schools approach careers-related learning.
- Make use of the Career Development Institute’s Career Development Framework: Handbook for Primary Schools (2021)
- Make use of the PSHE Association’s scheme(s) of work
- Understand what inspectors may be looking for.
- Consider the practicalities of taking forward careers-related learning in your own school.
Unit 2: Start your careers-related journey
Step 1: Smashing the glass ceiling
Step 2: What’s going on?
Step 3: What are other schools doing?
Step 4: Useful frameworks
Step 5: PSHE
Step 6: An inspector calls
Step 7: How to avoid problems
End of Unit 2 quiz