- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
This unit supports your understanding of careers-related learning (CRL). It will help you to become familiar with why some primary schools have embraced the benefits of teaching ‘careers’ while others are reluctant to do so.
You may conclude that you are already offering a wide range of CRL activities without labelling them as such. You will form your own opinion about how and where you can integrate CRL into your curriculum.
Aims and Outcomes
- Be aware of the debate around ‘teaching careers’ to young children.
- Know something about what careers education will look like for your Year 6 pupils when they transfer to secondary school, and how this differs from CRL.
- Understand what careers-related learning is.
Unit 1: What is careers-related learning?
Step 1: 'What will you do when you leave school?’
Step 2: Careers in Primary versus careers in Secondary
Step 3: Career(s)-related learning
End of Unit 1 quiz