- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
It is common for some pupils to fall behind in their learning. The COVID-19 pandemic means that more pupils may now be vulnerable to underachievement and have considerable gaps in their learning. This unit will consider the general conditions that need to exist in schools and classrooms in order for pupils to begin to catch up.
Aims and outcomes
- Explore the impact of pupils’ emotional and social wellbeing on learning.
- Consider the four stages of learning.
- Explore the components of supportive classroom environments.
- Introduce ideas for building and strengthening relationships.
Unit 1: Understanding where and what achievement gaps may exist
Step 1: When pupils fall behind in their learning
Step 2: Maslow before Bloom
Step 3: Friendships first
Step 4: Developing supportive classroom cultures
Step 5: Learning into practice
End of Unit 1 quiz