- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units £40.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Great teachers don’t become great leaders overnight. Managing and motivating team members can be one of the biggest challenges for new middle leaders.
This unit equips you with the tools to better understand yourself and your team members and shows you how to put that understanding into practice.
Aims and outcomes
- Understand that different people are motivated in different ways.
- Use Belbin’s team roles as a tool for assessing team dynamics.
- Practise using a framework for effective delegation.
- Explore different leadership styles and consider when they may be most appropriate.
Unit 1: Getting to know yourself and your team
Step 1: Building an outstanding team
Step 2: Team motivations
Step 3: Team dynamics
Step 4: Effective delegation
Step 5: Leadership styles
End of Unit 1 quiz