- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
Assessing the progress of pupils throughout a lesson is a key skill to develop in all teachers. Understanding the many benefits of formative assessment and where it should be placed within a pupil’s learning journey is crucial for a teacher who wishes to monitor pupil progress.
Aims and outcomes
- Recognise the importance of checking pupils’ understanding in a lesson, not just at the end of a lesson or series of lessons.
- Understand how to place formative assessment within a lesson.
- Learn a range of practical methods of formative assessment to try in their own classrooms.
Unit 5: Formative assessment to ensure pupil progress
Step 1: What is formative assessment and why should we use it?
Step 2: Assessment for learning
Step 3: Comparing approaches
Step 4: Ofsted and assessment
Step 5: Theory to practice
End of Unit 5 quiz