- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Lesson planning is a crucial task to get right.
In order for teachers to ensure engaging and productive lessons that will provide thorough learning for pupils, they must continue to develop their practice and ensure their lesson planning is formed around the desired outcomes.
Aims and outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- select purposeful, efficient activities to aid pupil learning
- implement backward design for productive and effective planning
- identify their own practice and discuss planning strategies moving forward.
Unit 2: Planning engaging and productive lessons
Step 1: Thinking about lesson planning
Step 2: Approaches to lesson planning
Step 3: Why use backwards planning?
Step 4: Planning using backwards design
Step 5: Planning in practice
Step 6: Bringing it all together
End of Unit 2 quiz