- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
Understanding how learning occurs in pupils is important for any teacher.
The best teachers always evolve their practice to meet the diverse needs of the pupils in their care. Adopting the best documented strategies to ensure learning occurs at the rate we desire requires teachers to self-assess their practice.
Aims and outcomes
- Understand the difference between surface and deep learning.
- See the importance of promoting deeper learning strategies.
- Identify the barriers that exist in the learning process.
- Tweak teaching strategies for maximum gains in learning.
Unit 1: Deep learning in the classroom
Step 1: Defining deep learning
Step 2: What works and what doesn't work?
Step 3: Ingredients for deep learning
Step 4: In the classroom
Step 5: Overcoming barriers to learning
End of Unit 1 quiz