Understand how empathy and your emotional response can help to deal with aggression, and how conflict can be seen as an opportunity for improvement.
This unit will look to find constructive solutions, and to encourage your colleague to join you in a collaborative or coaching approach to improve the quality of their teaching.
You will also prepare our emotional response to complement the strategic approach you have decided upon.
Aims and outcomes
- Consider your own insecurities and ‘blockers’ to take action.
- Explore the sources of emotion in any conflict situation.
- Learn a series of fundamental steps as part of an ‘emotional strategy’.
- Explore some of the principles of conflict management.
- Apply empathy to a current situation.
Step 1: Conflict management
Step 2: Preparing your emotional strategy
Step 3: Managing anger and tears
Step 4: The emotional response
Step 5: Developing empathy
End of Unit 2 quiz