Your school’s behaviour data will inevitably show that the same pupils sometimes behave very differently with different staff. This is not only a result of the teacher’s relationship with the class, but also stems from the manner in which minor challenges are handled.
This unit sets out a planned set of responses working on a scale from least to most intrusive.
These approaches enable staff to reassert positive expectations and correct inappropriate behaviour while ensuring that lessons are undisrupted.
Aims and outcomes
- Deal effectively with low level disruption.
- Maintain their own and their pupils’ dignity.
- Tackle inappropriate behaviour while protecting lesson flow.
- Maintaining classroom discipline
- Responses to low level disruption
- Practical strategies
- Supporting positive behaviour
- Re-write the script