Actions and impact
Ask participants to pair up into wellbeing buddies. Remind them that this involves ‘checking in’ with each other – ensuring they are taking care of themselves. Advise them to take the role of a practical supporter by offering/receiving advice. This is not meant to be onerous or seen as one more duty; rather it is an informal support mechanism to help the SLT feel supported and cared for without the need for formal intervention.
Take away Handout 4.1: Making changes, and contemplate their next steps and what might stop them.
You can follow up this unit by…
- implementing Handout 4.2: Simple actions steps
- distributing Audio 4.1: The Power Breath for staff to practise.
Alternative/additional development activity
Explore the possibility of setting up a wellbeing forum. One member of the SLT to lead this if the SLT wish to build on the foundations laid in this training.
Evaluate the impact of the training unit. Ask participants to complete the evaluation form or simply discuss the progress they are making.
- Set date and time for next training. Suggest a two-week interval.
- Thank your team for their full participation.
Download your certificate via My CPD Tracker
Follow the steps below to download your certificate of completion:
- If you haven't already, go to My CPD Tracker on your dashboard. If you don't see your CPD tracker click 'Customise Dashboard' and drag the module down. Click 'Done' once you have finished customising.
- Open My CPD Tracker and select 'Add new CPD' and select 'Add training (self study)' or 'Add training (you to deliver)' if you have delivered this training to a group.
- Complete all fields and click 'Add activity'.
- If you have completed the training, go to 'Actions' to open your activity. Add a due date and tick both check boxes.
- You can now download your certificate via the 'Actions' button.