- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£40.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 50% discount for 50+ units
This unit aims to open constructive and honest dialogue about stress and the best ways to manage it.
It is a wonderful opportunity for the senior leadership team (SLT) to demonstrate how much they value their staff and together build strong supportive structures which will encourage outstanding performance in the classroom.
Stress is often perceived as bad. However, this unit serves to highlight how important stress is as a natural mechanism to keep us alive and well. It will expose the seriousness of chronic long-term (low and high level) stress.
Aims and outcomes
- appreciate their value as a staff member
- understand what stress is
- explore the causes of stress
- recognise stress signals
- develop strategies to counteract stress and build personal resilience
- have fun!
- Rewards of teaching
- Stress: experience and perception
- The route to stress
- Mind–body connection
- Stressors and signals
- Personal strategies and plenary
Unit 3: Managing stress