This unit aims to open constructive and honest dialogue about stress and the best ways to manage it.
It is a wonderful opportunity for the senior leadership team (SLT) to demonstrate how much they value their staff and together build strong supportive structures which will encourage outstanding performance in the classroom.
Stress is often perceived as bad. However, this unit serves to highlight how important stress is as a natural mechanism to keep us alive and well. It will expose the seriousness of chronic long-term (low and high level) stress.
Aims and outcomes
- appreciate their value as a staff member
- understand what stress is
- explore the causes of stress
- recognise stress signals
- develop strategies to counteract stress and build personal resilience
- have fun!
- Rewards of teaching
- Stress: experience and perception
- The route to stress
- Mind–body connection
- Stressors and signals
- Personal strategies and plenary
Group study section
- Download the trainer notes, presentation and handouts at the bottom of this page.
- Read through the content before delivering to participants.
- Consider how to make the additional reading available to participants after the session.