- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 50% discount for 50+ units £45.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 50% discount for 50+ units
Mental health is a discrete strand of the arrangements for SEND in the Code of Practice. So it is vital that all staff in schools and other settings understand, and know how to meet, the complex needs of learners today. This unit will help all staff improve their awareness of mental health needs in schools, and know how to positively support the learning of these pupils with complex needs.
Aims and outcomes
- Understand that many learners have the presence of one or more disorders, disabilities or SEN.
- Recognise the mental health difficulties that pupils may face and how to support them.
- Understand how these disorders can affect learning in the classroom.
- Know how to structure learning and find relevant resources that support complex needs and teach pupils about mental health.
Unit 7: Attachment disorders and mental health
Step 1: Promoting good mental health
Step 2: Your role in supporting good mental health
Step 3: Attachment disorders
Step 4: Next steps and further resources
End of Unit 7 quiz