- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units £45.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
Almost one in five people in the UK have a disability, accounting for up to one in 20 children in our schools. These pupils will often have difficulty accessing learning in the classroom, so it is vital that appropriate adjustments and support are provided to ensure that they don’t miss out.
This unit offers practical advice to help classroom staff support the learning of these pupils and the achievement of positive outcomes in school.
Aims and outcomes
- Develop a greater understanding of visual, hearing and multi-sensory impairments.
- Identify ways in which sensory impairments can affect pupils’ learning.
- Know how to support pupils with disabilities and sensory needs.
- Consider the use of technology in supporting pupils to achieve expected levels of progress.
Unit 6: Supporting sensory and physical impairments
Step 1: The complexity of disability
Step 2: Defining and understanding sensory impairments
Step 3: Supporting pupils with HI
Step 4: Supporting pupils with VI
Step 5: Supporting pupils with MSI
Step 6: Supporting pupils with physical impairment
Step 7: Reasonable adjustment and other resources
End of Unit 6 quiz