- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skills AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£8.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units £45.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 25% discount for 50+ units
The SEND Code of Practice 2014 puts parents and children at the centre of all provision.
The graduated approach encourages parental involvement with the school at each stage. Therefore, how schools work with parents is crucial.
This unit offers some practical guidance on developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents/carers. This ensures that everyone is equipped to provide the best possible support for pupils.
Aims and outcomes
- Be aware of some of the main issues parents/carers may have.
- Develop sensitivity to parental/carer feelings about SEND issues.
- Be equipped with ideas and tools for effectively engaging parents/carers.
- Know how to effectively prepare for, and set clear outcomes for, meetings with parents.
Unit 3: Working with parents
Step 1: Parental partnership – your relationship with parents/carers
Step 2: Parental partnership – be prepared
Step 3: Parental partnership – understanding differing perspectives
End of Unit 3 quiz