- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 50% discount for 50+ units
It is crucial that all members of staff are fully aware of safe working practices. Not only do these help to keep pupils safe, but they also protect staff members. This unit focuses on how safeguarding responsibilities might affect staff.
Aims and outcomes
- Clarify safe working practice guidelines and help staff comply to protect all pupils.
- Understand the challenges and avoid potential misunderstandings: how to deal with some of the dilemmas faced by teachers.
- Outline policies and procedures: show all staff what key policies are available and how to use them in real-life situations.
- Clarify when whistle-blowing is appropriate: ensure all staff know when to report suspicious behaviour and how to deal with allegations against school staff.
Unit 5: Safe staff
Step 1: What does ‘safe staff’ mean?
Step 2: Relevant policies and guidance
Step 3: Thinking about touch – 1
Step 4: Thinking about touch – 2
Step 5: Thinking about e-safety – 1
Step 6: Thinking about e-safety – 2
Step 7: Allegations against school staff
End of Unit 5 quiz