- Latest NewsUp-to-date articles giving you information on best practice and policy changes.
- Model PoliciesA comprehensive set of templates for each statutory school policy and document.
- Year PlannersPlan priorities across each term, ensuring key tasks are completed.
- Skill AuditsEvaluate your skills and knowledge, identify gaps and determine training needs.
Access this unit immediately1 year access
£9.00 + vat Discount on bulk purchases 10% discount for 5+ units 20% discount for 10+ units 50% discount for 50+ units
Safeguarding is the responsibility of every member of staff.
When children disclose abuse, they are likely to go to someone they trust. Therefore, knowing what to look out for and how to react is essential for everyone.
Aims and outcomes
- Recognise some of the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect.
- Understand the impact of personal values on professional responses.
- Know how to react to disclosure: clarify what to say and what not to say in case of a disclosure of abuse.
- Understand why some children do not feel able to report abuse.
This unit will cover many signs and indicators of abuse and neglect. You will also find out how to deal with disclosures.
Unit 2: Taking action - watching, listening and responding
Step 1: Setting the scene
Step 2: The scale of child abuse and neglect
Step 3: Indicators of abuse and neglect - 1
Step 4: Indicators of abuse and neglect - 2
Step 5: How to respond to a disclosure
End of Unit 2 quiz