This course provides a clear outline of how colleagues can make better use of questions in their classrooms, how they can incorporate questions into their planning and how they can create a classroom environment in which pupils are comfortable to take risks with their learning.
Aims and outcomes
This course will give participants the skills to:
- understand questioning - identify the different roles questions play in learning
- develop pupils - tease out pupils' knowledge, understanding and skills through effective questioning
- plan for questions - master the art of planning key questions which link with learning objectives and success criteria
- differentiate learning - ensure that all pupils are effectively challenged through questions which support differentiation
- gain day-to-day techniques - practice proven techniques which work in the 'everyday' classroom.
Unit 1: Why? Effective questioning
Unit 2: How? Effective questioning 1
Unit 3: How? Effective questioning 2
Unit 4: Impact on learning